Desuperheater Control Valves
A desuperheater injects a precise and pre-set amount of water into a steam flow in order to lower the temperature of super heated steam. It can successfully provide heat transfer or for other industrial use to ensure costly problems are avoided such as lengthy start and shutdown times. To achieve this competently, the desuperheater must be designed correctly for the application. Even though the design of the desuperheater is simple, it needs to work with a large variety of complex thermal and flow dynamic variables to be effective.
Speak with our experts
Fill out our quick and easy contact form with your enquiry and we'll get back to you.
Steam Conditioning Valves
Steam conditioning valves regulate the pressure and temperature of steam by combining both functions within a control unit. These valves tackle the need for improved control of steam conditions caused by rising energy costs and increased demand on plant operation. Steam conditioning valves provide enhanced temperature control, improved noise reduction and require fewer piping and installation restrictions than the comparable desuperheater.
What is a Desuperheater?
Power stations rely on superheated steam to drive turbines efficiently where the dryness of the steam are an advantage. For processes that rely on steam after the turbines in the plant, saturated steam becomes more advantageous because many processes rely on the large energy transfer that occurs by causing the steam to condense. Heat exchangers cannot take full advantage of this energy released until the steam passing through them is brought down to saturated temperatures where the transition can more easily occur. To remove the heat from superheated steam desuperheaters, Valveforce uses direct contact valves which rely on water droplets being sprayed into the steam flow stream.
Desuperheater Control Valves
- Solid valve plug sits within caged cylinder with nozzles
- Downstream temperature sensor determines how much the plug uncovers the nozzles
- Relies on atomization of water through cylinder nozzles
- Modulates water flow into steam flow
- Reliable mixing of steam and water
- Vortex nozzles reduce risk of water accumulation in the steam
Valveforce Desuperheater Control Valves
BYVAP Steam Desuperheater
The BYVAP steam desuperheater type DMBC is designed for accurate and cost-effective steam temperature control.
The DMBC is a complete temperature control valve and cools the superheated steam by introducing water into the steam flow via a high efficiency multi-nozzle design. Temperature can be controlled by a pneumatic or electric actuator.
Excellent spraying by high quality vortex nozzles, greatly reducing the risk of water accumulation in the pipe and large turndown ratio.
The DMBC is designed:
- To have a metal/metal class V between the stellited seat and the plug
- Without gaskets or springs
- Can be installed vertically or horizontally, if the actuator is properly supported
- With high specification Vortex nozzles welded in position
- With a guided plug with segments for low friction
- With a high resistance stainless steel spray head
- 1500 lbs